Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Software Engineer— Full Stack
Mountain View, CA
TCI’s SaaS platform for educators simplifies the lesson planning process for teachers and gives students an engaging tool to interact with important content.
TCI has been developing engaging classroom activities for 25+ years, and we never stop innovating. Our hands-on K-12 Social Studies and Science lessons are delivered via our award-winning software to more than 100,000 users a day.
Want to learn more? Take a peek inside a TCI classroom or learn more about our team.
We’re a small team with big goals. TCI’s software team works together toward a common goal of building the best educational software the industry has seen, while implementing cutting-edge technology and best practices. Our Agile team focuses on collaboration over competition, pushing each team member to be their best every day. Every piece of code is valued by the team, the company, and most importantly, by our customers.
The Software Engineer works closely with fellow engineers, QA, and a Product Manager to bring new lessons to life in TCI’s web application by:
- Building new features in our Ruby on Rails application
- Refactoring existing code to improve performance
- Implementing TDD, CI, and Agile principles to deliver high quality code
This position offers:
- Open, collaborative workspace in our Mountain View, CA office
- Part-time to full-time schedules
- Competitive salary and benefits, including annual profit sharing
- Work-life balance
Why You Should Apply:
- You value paired development and want to work on a dynamic team
- You believe in life-long learning and growth
- You want your code to better the education of students across the country
What You Should Know to Apply:
- 2-5 years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with AWS, Nginx, and Unicorn a plus
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put subject as “Software Engineer”.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for employment. TCI does not sponsor visas of any kind.