Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Junior Software Engineer
Who We Are:
TCI has been developing engaging curriculum for 25+ years, and we’ve never stopped innovating. Our hands-on K-12 Social Studies and Science lessons are delivered via our award-winning software to more than 100,000 users a day.
Our SaaS platform provides:
- Ready to teach classroom presentations that make preparing for lessons a breeze
- Interactive Games that allow students to check their understanding in a non-threatening environment
- Digital Notebooks that give students the opportunity to show what they know
Our curriculum eliminates boring lectures and instead provides a learning environment in which both teachers and students thrive. Our teams build these programs in a collaborative, Agile setting using the latest technology.
What We Do:
TCI is all about small teams building big things. Our software team develops new features, improves existing code, and scales for performance. We do this through:
- Disciplined, but flexible sprint planning
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Regular team retrospectives and celebrations
What You Should Know to Apply:
- Familiarity with Nginx, Amazon Linux, and Unicorn a plus
- Computer science or other engineering background
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- This position is based in Mountain View, CA
Why You Should Apply:
- You like to solve problems using the latest technology.
- You want a new challenge each and every day.
- You want your work to matter. Both to the team and to society.
- You like the fast-paced environment of a start-up within an established company.
But Don’t Apply If:
- You prefer to go it alone. Teamwork is big on our software team.
- You like the status quo. We cringe when we hear “We’ve always done it that way”.
- You don’t like change. While we’re an established company, we’re still nimble and make quick turns to meet the market where they are.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put subject as “Junior Software Engineer”.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for employment. TCI does not sponsor visas of any kind.