Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Assessment Writer – Temporary Position
Mountain View, CA
Assessment Writer – Middle School Science (Temporary Position, 32-40 hours per week, Six to Eight Months)
Who We Are:
TCI has been developing engaging classroom activities for 25+ years, and we’ve never stopped innovating. Our hands-on K-12 Social Studies and Science lessons are delivered via our award-winning software to more than 100,000 users a day.
Why do schools use our SaaS platform?
- So long, boring lectures; Hello, engaging lessons with stunning visuals!
- Online tutorials, notebooks, and more engage students outside of the classroom so class time can be interactive.
- Grading is a snap with automatic scoring of multiple-choice questions, and a smooth interface for open-ended grading.
Want to learn more? Take a peek inside a TCI classroom.
What We Do:
The Assessment Writer works within the Product Development Group and creates three dimensional assessments aligned to NGSS. Assessments are flexible and will be available in TCI’s online subscription as well as print materials. The Middle School Science Assessment Writer:
- Has been successful writing well-structured selected-response and constructed response items.
- Has deep understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards and the concept of three-dimensional learning.
- Knows how to write items that elicit Claim-Evidence-Reasoning thinking.
- Knows how to write items requiring the complexity of thinking that aligns to the four levels of Webb’s Depth of Knowledge.
- Knows how to engage middle school students’ interest in thinking about science.
- Is willing to research the published results of working scientists or teachers and use their data as the basis for test items.
Why You Should Apply:
- You love creating assessments that can truly assess the three dimensions of NGSS.
- You love creating assessments that go beyond multiple choice.
- You love to collaborate with a creative team.
Experiences/Education You Should Have to Apply:
- Science Expert; BA, BS, or equivalent, science degree, education-related degree in life, physical, or earth/space science.
- At least 2-3 years of professional assessment writing experience.
- A deep understanding of NGSS and A Framework for K-12 Science Education, highly desired.
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, effectively prioritize and work collaboratively with the team.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put subject as “Middle School Science Assessment Writer”.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for employment. TCI does not sponsor visas of any kind.